Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour (ES)
Private Tour – “From Price” based on a p/p for 4 guests, the more guests the cheaper it is p/p.
For many years Cape Town was used as a refuelling station for ships journeying to and from the exotic East on the famous Spice Route. The Company Gardens in the heart of the CBD and the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens are a direct result of this historical Dutch influence. The winelands also play host to several world class and historic gardens that are an absolute delight for the senses. This full day tour is an excellent way of exploring the Cape.
Pickup 9am ~ 5pm drop-off.
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Highlights
- Pick up from accommodation in and around Cape Town or The Company’s Garden of Cape Town, where some of the very first vines were planted in South Africa
- Stroll through the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, a fantastic representation of South Africa?s unique fauna and flora (including indigenous fynbos)
- Taste the award-winning wines and tour the historic Vergelegen Wine Estate and its stunning gardens
- Indulge in a delicious bistro lunch at Cavalli, set against the backdrop of the estate?s magnificent (and also indigenous) “tapestry” of gardens designed by Keith Kirsten
- Wine tasting and walk through the diverse gardens at Babylonstoren, inspired by The Company’s Garden in Cape Town
- Stock up on lush, green memories of the Winelands and superb wine
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Glorious Gardens & Wine Tour Overview
The tour starts at the historic Company’s Gardens of Cape Town, which is where the very first planting of vines was situated in South Africa. Perhaps a good cup of coffee before heading off to the next spot, the lush Kirstenbosch Botanical garden nestled at the eastern foot of Table Mountain. When Kirstenbosch was founded in 1913 to preserve the country’s unique flora, it was the first botanical garden in the world with this ethos.
You will then head from Cape Town to Vergelegen, a wine estate that has been nominated as a World Heritage Site. It boasts 17 formal gardens that are intricately interwoven in the Cape Cultural existence.
Next, you will have the opportunity to indulge in a delicious bistro lunch at Cavalli, set against the backdrop of the estate’s magnificent (and also indigenous) “tapestry” of gardens designed by Keith Kirsten.
Your final stop is the Babylonstoren Garden, which was inspired by the Company?s Gardens which you visited in the morning. The garden is divided into fifteen clusters spanning vegetable areas, berries, bees, indigenous plants, ducks and chickens and includes a prickly pear maze. Finish off the whole tour with a well-deserved glass of wine.
Private Dining in the Vineyards
*Note: This activity is operated on a PRIVATE basis only.
The more people that book this tour the cheaper it becomes.
Minimum Numbers: 2 Guests : Maximum Numbers 10 Guests
Listed price based on 4 Guests (The more guests, the cheaper per person)
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private driver-guide
- 2 entrance fee to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Entrance to Babylonstoren Garden
- 3 wine tastings
Start the day with a stroll through Cape Town’s first garden
Explore South Africa’s unique fauna and flora
Taste award-winning wine in the gardens
Have lunch at a beautiful wine estate (lunch on own account)
Garden wine tasting
Finish your day admiring the gardens of a celebrated wine estate whilst tasting wine
Add Itinerary Description