Batoka Gorge Swing, Solo – Victoria Falls
The site is set high up on the spectacular cliffs of the Batoka Gorge between the Victoria Falls Hotel and Victoria Falls Bridge, above rapids No. 3 & 4. the “Look-out” perched 120 meters above the raging water off the Zambezi River in the Batoka Gorge below.
Harnesses all your emotions with the Gorge Swing, and create a thrilling and mind blowing experience. Leap into the wide-open air as you plunge into the mouth of the gorge. Scream as you break free of the fear and trepidation you felt before you threw yourself off the platform. Hold on tightly to the person strapped in next to you, equally as frightened and exhilarated, but elated to be sharing the moment with you. In the short space of time that you fall together, you will create a magnificent story to store in your memory bank
Departures : Hourly between 08:00 am and 04:00 pm daily – tour takes +/- 1.00 hours.
Batoka Gorge Swing Highlights
- Pluck up the courage and step off the edge of the platform into the chasm of the Batoka Gorge.
- An exhilarating 70 Meter free fall before you start swinging through the arc.
- 95 meter pendulum swing in the depths of the gorge.
- Bragging rights over your friends who were just spectators
- Visit the Look-out cafe for refreshments after the experience.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Extreme
Gorge Swing Victoria Falls Overview
The Wild Horizons Gorge Swing is a thrilling and mind-blowing experience.
Pre-Booked guests will picked up from hotels and lodges within Victoria Falls Town, and then taken to the edge of the Gorge between Victoria Falls Hotel and the Victoria Falls Bridge.
You will be fully briefed at the “Look-Out” located on the edge of the Gorge. This is a comfortable thatched platform with a spectacular view where you will check-in, sign an indemnity, and be given a briefing and refreshments.
Leap into the wide-open air as you plunge into the mouth of the Batoka Gorge, Victoria Falls. Scream as you break free of the fear and trepidation you felt before you threw yourself off the platform.
Zero Gravity! Imagine swinging in a child’s swing in the playground…now imagine a giant swing 95m long and 120m high above water…..now imagine a 70m free fall before you begin swinging.
The high wire is suspended across the gorge at a point where the width is 316m and 120m deep.
You will be attached to a harness and then to the jumping ropes, the other end of which is pivoted to the middle of the cable.
You pluck up the courage and leap off the edge of the gorge, free falling about 70m before going into a 95m long pendulum type swing
Minimum Numbers: 1
The Minimum age is 2 years old. This activity is totally safe for children of all ages. Smaller children are double-harnessed with their parent/guardian.
Parents or guardians of any child under 16 must be present and available to sign an indemnity on the child’s behalf.
Dress: Casual, Advised to bring:
- Running/hiking shoes,
- Long hair must be tied back.
Clients are advised to leave their valuables at their hotels/B&B’s/Campsite.
- Max total per harness weight 140 kg
- People with the following conditions should not participate in the Gorge Swing:
- Pregnant women
- People with heart conditions
- Return transfers from Victoria Falls hotels and lodges when pre-booked
- The Gorge Swing
- $3 National Parks Fees
- Items of a personal nature,
- videography and photos of the activity,
- Transfers outside Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe