Immersive Art Experience In Cape Town (ES)
Private Tour – “From Price” based on a p/p for 4 guests, the more guests the cheaper it is p/p.
Discover the vibrant and dynamic art scene in Cape Town through a specially designed itinerary, curated by an art specialist. This full-day tour is tailor-made to your artistic interests. Whether you want to visit established museums, off-the-beaten-track art galleries or see interesting street art, you’ll learn why Cape Town is the new epicenter for art in Africa.
Pickup 9am ~ 5pm drop-off
Immersive Art Experience In Cape Town Highlights
- Your specialist art expert will work with you to curate the perfect art experience based on your personal interests
- Street art – Explore the streets of Woodstock & Khayelitsha and learn the murals created by local and international artists
- Galleries – Visit the What if the World Gallery in Woodstock, a community-conscious platform for emerging young artists. Explore the Goodman Gallery and uncover the role it played during the fight to uplift Apartheid
- Museums – Discover museums like the Zeitz MOCAA, the first major museum in Africa dedicated to contemporary art. Or visit many of the historical Iziko Museums that will provide new insight into the storied past of South Africa’s art and people.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Immersive Art Experience In Cape Town Overview
With more than 100 art galleries in Cape Town and its surrounds, the art scene is growing both in size and popularity every day. The Mother City is known for its vibrant and dynamic culture and artistic community, with a wide range of contemporary and fine art exhibitions on the go at any given time.
Art has always played an important role in South Africa?s storied history. Whether it’s art that takes you back 4000 years ago, to the time of the cave paintings made by the San Bushmen, or art that was created in response to the oppressive Apartheid regime during the apartheid era or today’s exploding contemporary African art scene being recognised on the international circuit, is an important aspect of any trip to South Africa and especially to Cape Town.
South African art is known for its eclectic and rich diversity. The country’s vibrant past, together with all different cultures and languages, gives South African artists a sea of inspiration. It is said that Cape Town is the proverbial gateway from the tip of Africa to the rest of the continent. Not only does it boast inspiring natural beauty but it is an accessible and cosmopolitan city with so many different influences from all over the world. With the opening of galleries like the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) it is clear to see that Cape Town has a vibrant and incredibly dynamic art scene which attracts many established and emerging artists and art lovers.
This full-day, private tour with an expert art guide and designer and artist meet and greets is the best way to tap into this inspiring aspect of Cape Town.
*Note: This activity is operated on a PRIVATE basis only. Gallery visits are subject to exhibition schedules. Alternate visits may be arranged.
The more people that book this tour the cheaper it becomes.
Private Diamond and Gemstone Shopping Experience
Have your own private diamond/gemstone designer bring some of South Africa’s finest gems into your private residence to custom design a spectacular bespoke creation of your choosing ? finished products will be delivered within days
Visit the jewellery makers that are defining fashion that is uniquely South African.
Minimum Numbers: 2 Guests : Maximum Numbers 10 Guests
Listed price p/p based on a party of 4 Guests (The more guests, the cheaper per person)
Immersive Art Experience In Cape Town Included:
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private driver and luxury vehicle
- Guide art specialist/curator
- Art Studios
- Gallery Visits
Immersive Art Experience In Cape Town Excluded:
- Lunch and beverage at Bronze Age Foundry at ZAR1000
- Zeitz MOCCA Tour (please confirm beforehand)
Add Itinerary Description
Delve into the South African art and design scene with exclusive visits to art galleries
Art Experience with an Expert
Get an insider’s perspective with an art expert as your host
Exclusive Art Lunch
Experience an exclusive art lunch in a working studio
Visit the renowned Zeitz Museum of Contemporary African Art
Add Itinerary Description