Elephant Interaction – Livingstone
Experience an unforgettable close encounter with a herd of rescue elephants located in Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park. Clients are invited to interact with members of the herd in a positive and secure environment with the onus of the experience to Observe, Experience, Conserve. This is a wild-life encounter like no other and once-in-a lifetime opportunity for observation and a personal meeting with these gentle giants. Discover a new-found respect for elephants and receive a deeper understanding of their plight.
Operating Schedule – Interaction with Road Transfer US$80.00
Morning Pick-up Time: 08:15 am ~ Drop-off 11:00 am
Afternoon Pick-up Time: 14:00pm ~ Drop-off 16:15 pm
Operating Schedule – Interaction with Boat Transfer US$150.00
Morning Pick-up Time: 07:00 am ~ Drop-off 11:00 am
Elephant Interaction Highlights
- Interact with the Giants of Africa
- Spend time and interact with these amazing creatures.
- Interact with the guides that have grown up with the Elephant and learn of each of the Elephants personalities
- Contribute to the conservation of these gentle giants.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
WHAT’S THE HISTORY OF THESE ELEPHANTS
The origins of Zambezi Elephant Herd are six elephants that were left orphaned after extreme drought led to culling operations in Zimbabwe in the 1960?s and 70?s. Raised with pioneering positive reinforcement techniques, these are elephants that have grown up with safe human support.
During the height of the political uncertainty in 2002, the herd and many of their familiar handlers were transferred to the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park under the care of Safari Par Excellence.
There is an extremely strong bond between members of the herd and their handlers. This love and respect is generously extended by the elephants to all the humans they meet. The herd receive regular visits from an advisory committee of veterinary specialists, who have assisted in all
Dresscode : Casual
- Nuetral-coloured clothes preferred
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Warm Clothes in winter.
Child Policy – No Child discount
- No children U4 on the activity
- Children U10 cannot participate in the Elephant Interaction
- Children U16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Return Transfers from Livingstone hotels and lodges
- Boat Transfer to the site if that option is selected
- Interaction with these Gentle Giants.
- National Parks fee of $10 if transfer is done by boat.