Half Day Apartheid Museum Tour (Sch) IT – Johannesburg
The Apartheid Museum opened 2001 and is acknowledged as the pre-eminent museum in the world dealing with 20th Century South Africa, at the heart of which is the apartheid story–a nation’s resistance, courage and fortitude. For anyone wanting to understand and experience what apartheid South Africa was like, a visit to the Apartheid Museum is fundamental.
Operating Schedule: +/- 4 hours
- Departure Days – Tuesdays – Sunday (Closed Monday)
- Closed 1 January, 19 – 22 April (Easter) and 25th & 26th December.
- Collection (approximate time, will be reconfirmed the night before)
- Sandton Area 13h00 am
- Rosebank Area 13h30 am
Half Day Johannesburg City Tour Highlights
- Johannesburg, City of Gold.
- Apartheid Museum.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
2 - 32
Upon collection from your hotel, you shall be transferred to the Apartheid Museum, located in the south of Johannesburg. Here you will embark on a self-guided tour of the museum with your Travel guide on hand to assist you with further insight and information relating to the exhibits.
The Apartheid Museum, the first of its kind, illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid. An architectural consortium, comprising several leading architectural firms, conceptualised the design of the building on a seven-hectare stand. The museum is a superb example of design, space and landscape offering the international community a unique South African experience.
The exhibits have been assembled and organised by a multi-disciplinary team of curators, film-makers, historians and designers.They include provocative film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts illustrating the events and human stories that are part of the epic saga known as Apartheid.
The tour ends with drop-off at your hotel in the early afternoon.
Minimum Numbers: 2 Guests Maximum Numbers : 32
No age restrictions. Children 11 and under 50%
Dress: Casual, Advised to bring:
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Warm clothes during winter, it can get cold in the City.
- Return Transfers from the Sandton & Rosebank suburbs of Johannesburg
- Entry Fees to the Museum;
- Self Guided, but guide will be on hand for assistance
- Personal Purchases.