Horse Riding Safari – Livingstone
The horseback rides depart from the Minor Hotel Resort, along trails within the National Park, taking you through scenic African Bushveld with good bird watching and the exciting possibility of spotting wildlife. On offer is – Two-Hour Trails and Half Day outrides with lunch in the fragrant herb garden.
The ponies are well trained and friendly, and are experienced wildlife trail ponies.
Horse Trail – 2 Hours
Start Times: 07:00am, 11:00am 14:00 pm (Subject to confirmation at time of booking)
Half Day Horse Trail – +/- 4 Hours
Morning Start : 08:00 am
Afternoon Start: 12:00 pm
Horse Riding Safari in the National Park – Livingstone Highlights
- The amazing National Park to explore on horseback.
- The chance to see the wide variety of game and birdlife on horseback.
- Guiding with highly qualified Guide.
- The thrill of riding a horse in the wild.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Inclusions Activity Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Horse Riding Safari Overview
All rides start and end at the Stables at the Avani Resort in Livingstone. Riding along trails in the National Park areas there is always a high chance of encountering some of the wild animals which live here, often at close quarters and from the comfort of your saddle.
Qualified, licensed guides lead all rides and are accompanied by a back up rider. All the guides are dedicated, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. A keen interest is taken in the environment as well as the flora and fauna of the area.
Minimum Numbers: 2 Guests : Maximum Numbers 8 Guests
Maximum Weight: 100 Kg – 220 lbs.
Dress Policy – Casual, Advised to bring:
- Long Trousers
- Closed Shoes
- Warm clothes in winter
2 Hour Horse Trail: US$80 per person
Half Day Horse Trail: US$115 per person
Child Policy: – Minimum 12 Years, Children under the age of sixteen will require written permission from a parent or guardian in order to undertake the horseback trails.
- Return road transfers from local Livingstone accommodation venues
- An experienced guide will accompany you on the trail
- We supply all riding equipment required for our trails.
- Helmets are provided and must be worn at all times during the trail
- Refreshments on the trail
- light lunch after the trail on the half-day trail
- Items of a personal nature